Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dolce, Dolce, Dolce...


If you haven't already seen it, you positively must watch the Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2012 runway show from Milan. I'm such a huge fan of costume dramas, and period clothing... anything ornate and delicate. This show was a gorgeous, opulent display of intricately detailed baroque inspired clothing and jewel encrusted accessories. Yum =) I was so inspired, I had to draw an up-close look from the collection... I hope you like!

So I realized the other day that I had no way for you to get in contact with me should you want to say hi, ask me a question, or send me a link to your blog... silly me. I finally added an 'About Me' page with all my contact info so now we're just an e-mail away! Click on my pic in the sidebar for all the ways to connect.

And I finally figured out how to create a Facebook page just for my blog. Yay! Feel free to head on over and check it out. I plan on using this space to post more behind the scenes stuff, extra sketches, and photos. We'll see how it goes...

Have a good rest of your week, make it a good one, and happy leap day =)

8 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful work Joanna!! She looks so serene and I love how you illustrated her like a vignette.

    Meag xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your illustration. Gorgeous!

    xox,
    Zabeth from mastermindofafashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Meagan- Thanks so much! I was so inspired by that show, I've watched it three times =)
    @ Zabeth- Nice to meet you and thanks for your comments! Heading over to check out your blog now...

    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauw girl, you're really talented! This is really beautiful!
    Love love love your blog! I follow you by bloglovin now, keep posting!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Floortje! You are so sweet, great to have another follower =)
    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. My jaw just dropped. This illustration is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Aggie! I worked hard on this one... but I knew I had to draw something from the collection, it was just so gorgeous!!

    ~Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw,i LOVE this one Joanna!
    Haha, how funny, we picked the same look! <3

    I can't wait to see your illustrations from the ss2013 collection!<3

    ReplyDelete